Spanish Moss Trail
The Spanish Moss Trail Is...
- Lowcountry’s Rails To Trail located in the heart of Northern Beaufort County, SC.
- 10 miles long open for public enjoyment and when project is complete will offer 16 miles of trail.
- Open dawn to dusk.
- 12-feet wide, paved and open for pedestrians and non-motorized transportation (Exception: motorized wheelchairs)
- Five parking Trailheads available.
- Open to pets on a leash; pet-waste stations available.
- Able to offer beautiful water and marsh views and coastal wildlife viewing.
- Open for recreational fishing on various trestles along the trail.
- Note: Prohibited Items/Activities include motorized vehicles, alcoholic beverages, litter, fishing. waste, unleashed pets and failure to clean up pet waste.
- One public restroom (see orange icon on map)
- To donate to the Friends of the Spanish Moss Trail, Click Here.
- For a full summary of the Beaufort County Code of Ordinances: Parks & Recreations,Click Here.
Click the icon on the top left corner of the map to filter Access Points on the Trail